Won A Food Challenge – 5 Tips To Recover Quickly
Winning a food contest is a matter of great joy initially and great concern a little afterwards, when the body starts reacting to the assault of food. Do not worry there are ways to come out good quickly and painlessly. With experience, you will become more and more adept at getting back into form quickly.
Many choose to throw up as a short cut to recovery. This is NOT a way veterans recommend. If it happens on its own, it is okay; but it best not to induce vomiting. Here are a few tips that will help you recover fast and eventlessly:
- Get Some Rest – try to find a comfortable place to lie down and rest. Lying down is a good thing. Try watching a fun movie that will take off your mind from how full and uncomfortable you feel. That should be the first thing you should do.
- Drink Plenty Of Water – you may not be able to put in anything for a while. No problem. Wait for an hour or so. As soon as you feel you can, drink as much water as you can. Try iced water; it is bliss to the mouth and it will help with the digestion.
- Colon Cleansing Is Excellent – wait for a 2-4 hours and then take a colon cleanse mix. For it to be effective best, you need to allow the food to be partially digested. This is one of the best things you can do to help your body recover from the onslaught of the food you just forced upon it. The fiber supplement contained in the colon cleanse will not only help digestion but also clear it all from your system.
- Laxatives Are Good, Too – if the food contest is one that came in a while – and you do not really plan on taking another one soon – just laxatives would be good too. Take a few before you sleep and you will be as good as new the next day. These are not for those who take up food contests often as the body can grow dependent on laxatives.
- Drugs For Stomach Relief - as a last resort, you can always take drugs that give relief such as Alka-Seltzer, TUMS, Pepto-Bismol and the like. These are best when the food challenge involved spicy food. However, this is not something that should be taken up on long term.