Most people enter sweepstakes for the prize announced. There are many others who enter sweepstakes and contests just to enjoy the high they feel when they win a prize – any prize. Some use this avenue to earn some side cash; they enter for most cash-to-win sweepstakes and if they win prizes they know how to sell them. Lastly, there are people who use sweepstakes to save money. Here is how:
- Make A List Of What You And Your Family Needs/ Wants – be aware that “what you need” and “what you want” are two different things. On the list of what you need would be grocery items, clothes, money (cash), a family vacation, etc. On the list of what you want would be camera, a sports car, a large size HDTV, latest mobile phone, a great laptop, etc.
- Get Your Family To Help Identifying The Right Kind Of Contests – to be sure that you maximize your winning odds, get each member of your family specialize in one type of sweepstake/ contest. You could chip in whenever any member gets stuck with something; but otherwise, let each member pursue up to three types f prizes.
- Look For Sweepstakes That Offer Small Amounts Of Cash Prizes: there are many contests/ sweepstakes that offer small prizes of cash. Do not ignore any of these; it is wonderful to win every now and then prizes of $25, $15, $50, $100 – they add up in a neat amount over time.
- Be On Lookout For Prizes That You Could Use As Gifts – there will be enough contests and sweepstakes that have prizes that you could gift for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, New Year and other such occasions. These could be make-up, gadgets, home appliances, perfumes/ aftershave and EDTs, accessories, chocolate, and the list could go on and on. These might not be something you need directly; but they would save a fortune in cost for gifts. Your family and friends will love these gifts and you would not have to pay a cent.
- Entertainment Related Sweepstakes – another great way to save money is entering for sweepstakes and contests for dinners (for 2 or 4 people), movie tickets, amusement park tickets, game tickets, coffee time, and so on. Not only would this give you the opportunity to enjoy the widest array of entertainment – which often comes in twos – but also save you a small fortune. You could easily enjoy some most exclusive and exciting activities at no out-of-the-pocket cost for you.