How to Win Baby Photo Contests – 5 Top Tips
If you’re quite the photographer or feel you have the cutest baby in the whole world, why not enter a baby photo contest? You could win some serious money and have loads of fun along the way. To optimise your chances of winning, follow these 5 top tips:
- Find The Best Baby Photo Contests. Entering one or two contests does not guarantee you a win – unless you are unusually lucky. To tilt the odds in your favour you need to enter as many contests as you can. Use Google alerts to advise you of any baby photo contests announced online – and enter them all. But remember, you need to send a different photograph every time.
- Pay Attention To Details. Read the contest guidelines carefully to understand the requirements, including if there is a specific theme and what it should convey. Also check whether there is an age limit and pay attention to the deadlines given and procedures of entry.
- The Winning Photograph. To get winning photographs you need to learn how to shoot like a professional. This doesn’t mean that you need to take fancy photography classes, but rather follow a few basic guidelines:
- Focus on the baby – keep the background area of the shoot completely free of clutter. The simpler the background, the better. Shooting outdoors is a great idea if you have no adequate room in your home.
- Keep the flash off – unless strictly necessary. It usually startles the baby and spoils the picture. The flash can also eat up specific detail that would otherwise make your photo great.
- Look for close-ups – try capturing the expressions of your baby. Close-ups are usually the best way to do this. To get the right expression, make adequate sounds – for laughter, laugh; for crying, scold the baby; for curiosity, make funny noises; and for funny looks, make unknown noises.
- Experiment with angles – take photos from a high stance, a low stance and from the same level. Experiment and find unusual angles that give outstanding and unique photographs.
- Take many photographs. Don’t stop at one – take several shots. Also use the burst feature on your camera to allow sets of photographs to be taken in a continuous shot. Some of the best photographs can be captured using the feature.
- Upload The Photograph With The A Caption. Ensure that you have the photograph within the required megapixel requirement and upload the photograph with a funny caption if possible.