Eating Contest – 5 Things That Will Get The First Prize
Entering an eating contest is a very big challenge that requires plenty of preparations behind the scenes. Unless you naturally eat like a wolf, be ready to encounter plenty of obstacles before you win that first prize. Here are a few tips that will get you there:
- Get Your Mind Off The Timer And The Food - veterans carry an iPod or mp3 player so the music can get your mind off the food you are eating and the timer that is ticking in the background. In this way, you can eat much more food more effortlessly than others who are focusing on what they are eating and stressing out about the time.
- Bring Along Your Own Silverware – have a professional gear box with all types of spoons, forks, knives, straws, pizza cutters, and so on which make you comfortable eating what you are eating. You cannot even start imagining how important it is to have the right spoon/ fork to eat with when you are having an eating competition.
- Good Luck Charms Are Good, Too – you would have heard many times, but I like to repeat it here because it is 100 percent true. To win, you need to believe that you can win. Lucky charms make you feel protected, invincible, all powerful – and these feelings trigger and uphold the belief that you can win. Wear your favorite good luck charm – it will be a great help when you are struggling to get ahead of your competition.
- Learn To Eat Clean – no matter what the eating competition is all about, try to stay as clean as you can. Carry tissues, towels, handkerchiefs, etc and see that you are as much as possible clean and presentable. You may thing that eating fast entitles you to look like a slob; but this is not true. If you feel dirty, it will slow you down and you will miss the opportunity to win your great prize.
- Choose Your Drinks Wisely – most food competitions allow the contestants to drink anything they want to help them eat. The favorite is water; but if you want to have the best chances to win, choose two favorite flavors and switch from one to the other so you can change the taste in your mouth when the food flavor becomes old. Towards the end, try any carbonated drink of your choice. It will make you burp and release the air locked in your stomach making more space for food and also make you feel better.