Biking Your Way Around Europe
Biking in Europe during your vacation getaway? Seriously? But yes, of course! Europeans have long been doing it even if most foreigners, especially Americans scoff at the very idea of them all so worked up on their two wheels. Actually, it would be an interesting way to start a conversation as well as the perfect bridge over language barriers and a maze of cultural difference.
Go On A City Biking Adventure
If your schedule would allow it, here are some great reasons why you should go on a city biking adventure on your European holiday:
- You’ll feel closer to the destination and more local.
- Exploring the city on a bike is an efficient way to cover more locations than by tram or taxi.
- Even in rush hours, your trusty and well-fitted bike would get you across your ultimate destination in a jiffy.
- You won’t feel left out because most European cities are bike-friendly so just wave a hello to fellow bikers on the street.
- Since EU has made an initiative to make bicycles as important as cars as a form of urban transportation, you’d feel more confident trekking the road on it.
- It gives you more time to spend at the sights at your own pace.
- It cuts transit times in half compared to walking.
- Major cities such as Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Florence and Stockholm, among many others have extensive network of well-marked bike lanes.
- If you get multiple day rental passes, you only have to pay as much as $15 per day.
- Bike rental shops provide strong locks to deter bike thieves.
- If you’re in cities like London, Vienna, Paris, Barcelona and Dublin, you can take advantage of the free bike programs or rent the bike at a very affordable price.
- If you want to make the most out of your city biking adventure, participate in guided bike tours especially in cities like Berlin, Budapest and Munich. It would be quite entertaining to get to know the city a little bit more from the point of view of a young and informative guide.
- You don’t have to worry about finding a competitive price since there are many companies to choose from – especially those founded by disgruntled employees from other bike tour companies.
- It is an easy way to meet other travellers and a very interactive way to appreciate all the beauty and history of that particular city.