10 Tips for Frugal Living in Australia
Everyone likes saving money, and if you’re in the position where you don’t have much to spend anyway, it’s important to save pennies where you can. Frugal living in Australia doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. You just have to do it with a little creativity.
Here are some great tips for frugal living.
1. Buy the store brand. It’s usually just as good as the more expensive name brand, but costs from ten to thirty percent less. Frugal living Australia
2. Buy clothing at the end of the season when it is on sale. Get next years swimsuit for half off!
3. Use your own bank’s ATM. When you use another bank’s machine, they charge you a fee. That’s just giving money away!
4. Plant a garden. Grow your own fruit and vegetables, saving money at the grocery store and some gas getting there.
5. Turn your air conditioner off when no one is home. You will be amazed at the impact this has on your power bill.
6. Hand-me-downs are a godsend. Don’t ever be too embarrassed to accept them.
7. Ride your bike to work. Save gas and the price of a gym membership.
8. Incredible as it sounds, you can live without cable. A lot of shows are available online even if you have to wait a little longer to see the most current episode.
9. Take your kids to the park rather than buying them tons of new toys. They will appreciate the memories when they get older. The exercise won’t hurt them either.
10. Go garage sale-ing. It is amazing what you can find for almost nothing. People will sell everything from kitchen items to furniture. You could outfit your entire home in a couple of weeks of shopping for less than you make in a week.